We eat nutrient-dense vegetables with most of our meals, so we like to have easy recipes that make a lot of veggies. We make these carrots often, so I call them our “routine” roasted carrots. I just throw everything in the pan and mix it up after the coconut oil melts in the oven.
The healthy cooking fat and insulin-sensitizing cinnamon make this a legit side.
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon each sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Wash carrots and cut into slices or sticks
- Throw carrots into a heavy-duty oven-safe dish
- Top with coconut oil, cinnamon, salt, and pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes, then mix to evenly coat all the carrots with the coconut oil and spices
- Continue to bake until carrots are caramelized to your liking (mine take about 1 hour)